I have a Mac Mini with EyeTV set up as as home media centre. I wrote this Java application to download the program guides from the OzTivo site, mainly to get data for Nine and Go! which do not transmit a DVB program guide.
<rant>How are we suppose to watch their shows/ads if we do not know what is on?</rant>
This is the first version for this tool and I have not completed all of the features. I have developed this tool for Mac OS X, but it will work with Windows and Linux. Please let me know of your experiences with this tool so that I can improve it.
- Read these instructions
- Create a new folder
- Click xmltv.jar
- Click Save and select the folder from above
- Double-click on the xmltv.jar file
- Select the channels to download
- Click Process
- Watch the progress messages, wait for the Finished message
- Drag the xmltv.xml file onto the EyeTV icon in the dock
- Package as Mac OS X application bundle
- Add Apple Script to integrate with EyeTV
- Automatically schedule downloads
For more information about how this tool uses the OzTivo guides see here.